Prestonwood is a privately-owned and operated family-friendly country club nestled inside *Preston, a premiere residential community located in the heart of Cary, NC. Nearly 1,900 families throughout the Triangle area enjoy the very best all-inclusive amenities and services with no food & beverage monthly minimums or capital assessment fees.
The very essence of Prestonwood Country Club is the opportunity to escape one's busy life to spend quality time making last memories with family and friends. "We initially chose Prestonwood because of the golf, but have stayed because of the friendships," says golfing members Peter & Christina Lindroos.
"We looked all over, but we chose Prestonwood because of all of the amenities... besides the golf, tennis and fitness, there are cooking classes, a ladies' book club," says golf member Clyde Hare. "Plus when the grandkids come to visit, they have planned activities for them as well."
Watch our short video below for a better understanding of our amenities and services.
*Homeownership within the immediate Preston development is NOT required for membership.
Prestonwood Country Club is the only private club in the Triangle to boast 54-holes of championship golf. All three of our courses, Highlands (#29), Meadows (#72), and Fairways (#91), are featured in this year's rankings of the top 100 golf courses in North Carolina by the Golf Panel. Special golf features include:
- Recent green complex renovations by Jack Nicklaus protégé and past President of the American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) Rick Robbins, voted one of the "Most Influential Figures in Golf" by the North Carolina Golf Panel
- A full-service Pro Shop with a team of PGA Golf Class A professionals and a world-class selection of brand name golf equipment, apparel and accessories
Modified par-3 tees on our Fairways course for families and beginners
Home to the PGA Champions Tour's SAS Championship, attracting legends such as Fred Couples, Nick Price & Hale Irwin
A state-of-the-art Indoor Golf Learning Center with video monitoring capabilities and the latest equipment in golf training aid (SAM PuttLab & BalanceLab, K-Vest, Trackman) for complete game improvement
- Golf associations for the whole family, including Ladies, Men, Seniors and Juniors, with weekly interclub competition
- Our active Tennis Program offers six composition clay and nine all-weather tennis courts with lighting for evening play
- A full-service recently renovated Tennis Shop offers access to a team of Tennis professionals and a world-class selection of brand name equipment, apparel and accessories with complete racket repair and restringing available onsite
- Staff specializes in Complete Game improvement offering weekly clinics for players of all ages and talent levels including Tiny Tots, Elementary, Middle & High School Clinics, Ladies Clinics (Beginner - Level 4.5) and Men's Clinics.
- Offers tennis associations for everyone including our Ladies Tennis Association (PLTA), with over 150 tennis members
Fitness & Aquatics Amenities
- Special events include Mixed Doubles events, Fit-to-Hit classes, Play Night, St. Paddy's Ladies Tennis Social, Member-Guest, Pink Day, etc.
- Our full-service Fitness Center offers 10,000 square feet of exercise space including an Aerobics Studio that hosts complimentary workout classes, a cardio theater with 30 new TRUE and PRECOR machines and 25 strength machines along with free weights and functional training equipment, men's and women's locker rooms with steam rooms
- Access to four certified personal trainers specializing in Junior Fitness Programs, TPI Golf Conditioning, Triathlon/Marathon Prep, TRX Training, Senior Fitness and Sports-Specific Training
- Access to onsite massage therapists who perform a variety of therapy to improve focus, body awareness, and energy
- An outdoor Aquatics Center with three newly surfaced swimming pools, including an eight-lane competition pool, a three story amusement-style slide, a full-service pool-side snack bar and new deck furniture
- Our Piranhas Swim Team offers competition for youth of all ages (6 - 18) and skill levels
- Our Bridge Association offers a number of monthly competitions including First Tuesday Party Bridge, Morning Bridge, Evening Couples Party Bridge, Couples Duplicate Bridge, No Trumpers Fun Bridge, Ladies Day Bridge Marathon, New Duplicate Bridge, Ladies Duplicate Bridge
Kids Club Amenities
- Our Ladies Book Club meets the first Thursday of every month for a buffet dinner and book discussion
- Our Kids Club offers year round programming for children and grandchildren of members
- Track-out camps are available for tracks one (1) and four (4), and include daily field trips, lunch and snacks, Monday - Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
- Babysitting is available every Friday & Saturday night from 6 - 11 pm for ages 5 - 12
Other popular special events include: Mother/Son Dinner Dance, Parent/Child Campout, Easter Egg Hunt & Petting Zoo, Baking Classes, Dinner & a Movie, Santa's Workshop, Santa's Breakfasts, Polar Express Family Night, Dinner & a Puppet Show, Kids Club Lock-In, etc.
- Three (3) available summer camp types are available including Day Camp (K - 5 Grade), Sports Camp (2 - 6 Grades), Middle School Camps (6 - 8 Grade)
- Our a la carte restaurant the Red Fox, an English-style pub featuring rich leather and dark wood, serves lunch and dinner six days a week (Tues. - Sun.). Nightly specials and an extensive wine list headline for special evening themes including: Tuesday $5 Martini Night, Wednesday Prime Rib Night, Thursday Trivia Night, Saturday's Live Entertainment and Sunday's Family Buffet Night.
- Our famous weekday Lunch and Sunday Brunch Buffet, as well as our Thursday Night Family Buffet, in the Oak Room Grille includes a salad bar, baked potato and soup bar, carving and main entree stations, along with a Signature Dessert Display.
- Voted "Best Food on PGA TOUR Champions Tour."
- Members enjoy special culinary experiences including our popular Thanksgiving and New Year's feasts, Valentine's Day Dinner, our Easter and Mother's Day Brunches, quarterly Chef Cooking Classes, Wine Dinners, etc.
- Our Grand Ballroom with a dramatic staircase, crystal chandeliers and soaring ceilings and an expansive veranda that overlooks our beautiful golf courses is the perfect location for hosting memorable events